Welcome, one and all, to the Ultra Publications weekly Forum Digest! I am Archangel, your host, and I will be bringing you the highlights of our forum life every week henceforth! Sit back, relax, and indulge in nostalgia attacks at will.
In the News
- The forum recently hit 14,000 posts! Schwankyendaro!
- The official UP Mario Kart Wii friend code list is now up! Post your code if you haven't already done so!
- Join us as we gather 'round the campfire and share horror stories of our customer service experiences!
- Taking a look at what people think is inside the Blue Box...
- We learn about the latest dual manifestation of greed and stupidity to make the rounds.
- The long-running thread discussing who the most badass good-guy ever is takes a left turn at Albuquerque.
- Time for a party!
- An already rambling thread takes a dive into a discussion of anime fansubbing.
- One of our newer members proves to have great insight into CTU's graphical source material!
- Someone at SA decides to take a poke at Zero Punctuation.
- A comment by Epic Games' president Mike Capps about the Wii sparks a lively discussion on the board.
- Two flash animations on Newgrounds spark interest on the boards.
- One enterprising soul manages to fit a working NES system inside an old NES cartridge. Whatever next?
- The Angry Video Game Nerd strikes again FTW!
- Zero Punctuation weighs in on SSB: Brawl, with the usual hilarity ensuing.
- Earthworm Jim may return! Yay!
- Someone on Newgrounds has made a surprisingly short flash game.
- New fun-ness from YTMND!
- It seems that the Prince in charge of Area 11 in the new Adult Swim show Code Geass has an interesting name. I'm going to have no end of fun with this, folks...
- More news emerges about Slayers' new season.
- The Debate Hall discussion of Intelligent Design proceeds apace.
- A brand new forum game called The Caption Contest is now online! See thread for rules. Looks like it's going to provide us with many laughs!
- The Corrupted Wish is just shy of 450 posts!
- The Person Above You just hit the 1000 post mark. Holy cow.
- Chained Word / Phrase Association passed the 1050 post mark on Friday. Holy cow on a pogo stick.
- Magus won the last round of Guess that Character on Friday, and now is tied for the lead with Clovis. The current game is at two hints and proceeding. The score stands thus:
Clovis15: 10 Points
The Magus: 10 points
Wedge: 6 points
Laserkid: 5 points
N64Player: 1 point
Ruedii: -5 points
Arts & Entertainment
- Mystik's CTU theme song is being met with rave reviews (naturally) and some slightly odd discussion (again, naturally).
- Page 42 of Patchwork Family was released this morning! It looks beautiful, as always.
- Work-Study Episode 75 was released on Wednesday, and a goof by yours truly leads to a discussion on the thread about secrecy's role in the creative process.
- Super Mario Bros. Unlimited #18 was released on Sunday.
- Brett reviews three new movies!
And that's it for this week, folks! Check back for more next week--same Angel day, same Angel channel!